Frequently Asked Questions

When does the School Board meet?

In accordance with action taken at the Board of Education meeting of April 24, 2019, the regular meetings of the Board of Education of Community Unit District No. 60 for the period April 24, 2019 through April 27, 2021, will generally be held on the second and fourth Tuesdays of each month with the exceptions noted below. Special meetings will be held as needed. These meetings will be announced on the District website and posted as required by statute. Meetings will generally begin at 6 p.m. for closed session and 7 p.m. for open session. Unless otherwise indicated in published meeting notices, all meetings of the Board of Education will be held at Lincoln Center, 1201 North Sheridan Road.

How do I report my child’s absence?

All schools have an attendance phone line for reporting all attendance.  Contact your child’s school or click here for the school attendance phone line.

How do I contact school?

Each school has their own telephone number and each is listed under the Our District/School Directory “School Information” area.

How do I contact Administration?

The District Office Switchboard can be reached at 224-303-1001 or you may click into “Our District” and use the Staff Directory  locate individual Staff contact information.

Where are the district calendars?

All calendars are available under the Calendars tab on the main page.  Click on the calendar you wish to see.

Does Waukegan Community Unit School District #60 offer preschool services?

Waukegan Schools’ E.P.I.C. Preschool program offers services to a select number of students who meet certain criteria. To learn more, please visit the E.P.I.C. web site or call (224) 303-1400.

How old does my child have to be to enter Kindergarten?

If your child is 5 years old on or before September 1, he/she should register for kindergarten for school next year.

How does the State of Illinois rate my child’s school?

Check the School Report Card for your child’s school.

How do I know if school is cancelled/or scheduled to a late start?

Click into the “Parents & Students” General/Delayed Start section to see any changes.  This information will also be posted on the District’s Main Page in the event of an emergency and the phone number you have registered with your child’s school will be called with advance notification.

How do I get my transcript?

Click into the “Community” section, Alumni Transcript Requests are on the left column.

Where can I find the school’s supply list?

Click into the “Parents & Students” General section to see the supply lists.

Where is the breakfast/lunch menu?

Click into the “Parents & Students” General section to see the menus.

Is there a dress code/uniform policy?

Click into the “Parents & Students” General section to see the dress codes.

Is there a Parent/Student Handbook?

Click into the “Parents & Students” General section to see the Parent/Student Handbook.

Where can I find a map of the schools in the district?

A map  of Waukegan Community Unit School District #60 is posted on our website.You can click on the individual school icons to learn about each school location.

Is there a parent portal?

Click into the “Parents & Students” Parent/Infinite Campus Parent Portal section to log in with your credentials.  Credentials may be obtained at your child’s school in the main office.

What is on the parent portal?

Grades, attendance, homework assignments, fees, schedule, assessment scores, and so much more!

How do I pay fees?

Student fees can be made via the Infinite Campus Parent Portal or you may go to the school directly to make payments.

How do I apply for a Fee Waiver?

Click into the “Parents & Students” Parents/Forms section to access the Fee Waiver or you may obtain one at your child’s school in the main office.

Our family is moving to Waukegan Community Unit School District #60. What should I do?

  • Check the School Attendance Area system to learn about the schools for your new neighborhood. This listing is a guide to help parents locate the school their student would attend based strictly on address and type of education program.
  • Visit the school to inquire about registration and enrollment.
  • View the Student Registration section of our web site to find out what to bring with you to register and the list of fees. Please note: If your child hears/speaks more than one language, he/she will need to complete a language test.
  • Learn more about your schools from the Schools section of our web site and from the school web sites.

How do I apply for a “District Choice Transfer”?

If you would like to transfer your student from the school they currently attend, please come to the Student Support Office (at the Welcome Center) and fill out a deviation application.  If there is an available seat at the school that you are requesting a transfer, we will honor your request.  If no seats are available at the requested school, your application is filed and reviewed at a later date. Applications are reviewed every two to three weeks in the order in which they were received.  If a seat becomes available for your student, you will be contacted by Student Support Services. If you have any questions regarding this or any other matter, please feel free to contact Student Support Services at 224-303-3600.

The abbreviation “WHS” is used on your district website.  What does this stand for?

WHS is an abbreviation for Waukegan High School. We have two campuses, WHS-Brookside (grades 9 & 10) and WHS-Washington (grades 11 &12).

What do I do if the weather is bad?

School closing information will be posted on our website home page and on our School Closures  web page.  The School Closures page also lists the radio and television stations that the administration will contact in the event of an emergency.

Will my student have bus transportation to school?

If you live or the baby-sitter lives within 1 ½ miles from the school you attend, you will not receive bus transportation unless the location is in the hazardous areas determined by the Illinois Department of Transportation or if you have a special education student and their IEP notes transportation is required. Your child’s IEP note may not require bussing. Please call your attending school first to ask them if your student does have bus information. If your student does not have bus information, then it may have been determined the location is not in hazardous routing areas. If you have a question regarding hazardous routing if your student did not receive a bus then please contact the Office of Transportation and Child Nutrition at (224) 303-3810.

What time does school start and end and what is the school year calendar?

The School Year Calendar is listed in the menu. School Times are listed here.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.